Connect with us

NEWS

LAGOS DISBURSES N178.431M TO BENEFICIARIES OF DECEASED SUBEB STAFF

Published

on

The Lagos State Government on Friday disbursed a total of N178, 431,797.76 to families of 57 deceased staff of the State’s Universal Basic Education Board (LSUBEB).

Speaking during the presentation of cheques to the beneficiaries at the LSUBEB Multipurpose Hall in Maryland, the Executive Chairman of the Board, Dr. Ganiyu Sopeyin said the money formed the insurance package of the State Government for Teaching and Non Teaching Staff of the Board.

According to him, the administration of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode had been faithfully implementing the payment of insurance and other welfare packages for staff, saying the interest of the workface remained a priority for the State Government.

“The present administration has been faithful in the implementation of the payment of the insurance package of its staff because of the passion the State Government has for its workforce.

“Furthermore, the State Government has commenced the payment of backlogs which was inherited, remaining only two years (2011 and 2012), which is being worked on for approval and payment,” Sopeyin said.

He urged beneficiaries to expend the money collected from government judiciously in the interests of the deceased persons bearing in mind that everyone would answer the same call.

Meanwhile, Sopeyin also announced the promotion of 3, 273 Primary School Teachers by the State Government.

He said for the first time in history, Primary School Teachers were being promoted from level 16 to 17 in fulfillment of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode’s promise to upgrade Primary School Teachers to level 17.

He explained that 3, 376 candidates were presented for the promotion exercise out of which 3,273 were successful, while 103 candidates were unsuccessful.

Sopeyin urged teachers to reciprocate the good gesture of government by putting more efforts in the teaching of their pupils, adding: “To whom much is given, much is expected.”

He also thanked the State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode for his unrelenting efforts to reposition the State Basic Education, adding that the support of the Governor had impacted positively on the development of education in the State.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

NEWS

Buhari Removes Executive Secretary Of TETFund

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari has removed Dr. Abdullahi Baffa as Executive Secretary of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund.

He has been replaced by a former ES of the agency, Prof Suleiman Bogoro.

Dr. Baffa’s removal is with immediate effect. No reason has been given for Baffa’s removal. Prof. Bogoro has resumed office.

There was mild jubilation at the headquarters of the agency this morning in Abuja.

Continue Reading

NEWS

State of Osun: Osun engages six SANs to tackle activist lawyer

Published

on

By:Segun Lawal

Faced by uncertainty of the likely outcome of the appeal it filed against the high court judgment which declared the use of “State of Osun” as illegal, the state government has engaged six Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) as counsels to handle the matter.

Justice Yinka Afolabi of the Osun State High Court sitting in Ilesa has on December 14, 2017 declared as unconstitutional “State of Osun” in a suit filed by an activist lawyer, Barr. Kanmi Ajibola against the enactment of a law tagged “State of Osun Land Use Tax Law”.

Besides, the same judge struck out the stay of execution application of the judgment filed by the state government on December 4, 2018 for lack of dilligent prosecution thereby reestablishing the fact that the persistence use of “State of Osun” remained illegal.

But Barr. Ajibola who is also the Chairman, Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Ilesa Branch filed a fresh suit at the State High Court by dragging the governor, Adegboyega Oyetola and his deputy, Benedict Alabi to court for taking their oaths as governor and deputy governor of “State of Osun” and not of Osun State during their swearing-in of November 27, 2018.

Ajibola who filed a 28-paragraph affidavits along with his originating summons on Thursday, December 27, 2018 asked the court among other things to set aside the swearing-in of thedefendants as governor and deputygovernor of “State of Osun” as illegal, unconstitutional, null and void.

The lawyer asked to court to determinean interpretative inference from the State (Creation and Transitional Provision) Act, Annotated Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2014 and the oath of office of the Governor of a state contained in the Seventh Schedule of the 1999 Constitution whether what the Constitution created is the “State of Osun”.

According to him, maybe by the community reading of the same act andthe 1999 constitution with its schedules and the case of Aregbesola vs. Oyinlola (2010) LPELR – 3805 (CA) whether the 1st Defendant is the “Governor of State of Osun”.

In a swift move, six SANs announced to the Court of Appeal in Akure that they have taken over the case which was earlier being handled by the office of the State Attorney-General (AG) and the Ministry of Justice.

The SANs expected to handle the case are  Chief Akin Olujimi, John Baiyeshea, Abiodun Owonikoko, Abiodun Layonu, Dayo Akinlaja and Chief Yomi Alliyu.

Reacting, Barr. Ajibola stated that plaintiffs in any matter have the liberty in the choice of who to use as his lawyer, adding that the state government “knows that the decision of the appeal court will have a weighty impact” on his fresh suit, hence the decision to angage senior lawyers.

“But I am ready for them. We are all going to speak on the point of law. What I know is that State of Osun cannot stand anywhere. We will all know the truth very soon.”, he added.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Breakingnews: PDP Presidential Candidate Off to USA

Published

on

The Boss can authoritatively reveal that Former Vice President and People’s Democratic Party  ( PDP) Presidential Candiadate left for the United States of America from Lagos, Nigeria’ commercial capital.

The news that Atiku is on his way to the United States has caught politicians especially those in the opposition napping and we gathered from reliable sources that calls have been going back and forth to confirm what will certainly be the game changer that will give the PDP campaign a huge boost.

Our sources revealed that Atiku left from George Hotel, Ikoyi with his entourage and was decked in pair of chinos and T-shirt, he also dorned a sport jacket and looked very trendy.

More detail later

Source:Thebossnewspaper

Continue Reading

Trending