The presidency has just circulated the statement below announcing the placement of 50 high-profile Nigerians on traveling restrictions.
The individuals, whose identities were not disclosed, include those whose assets, valued at N50million and above, are subject of corruption investigation and litigation.
The statement by presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, said the measure is part of the implementation of Executive Order Number 6 which seeks to ensure “that all assets within a minimum value of N50 million or equivalent, subject to investigation or litigation are protected from dissipation by employing all available lawful means, pending the final determination of any corruption-related matter.”
Mr Shehu added that the financial transactions of these persons of interest are also being monitored by relevant agencies to ensure the assets are not dissipated and that such persons do not interfere with, investigation and litigation processes.
READ FULL STATEMENT BELOW STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE PRESIDENT BUHARI DIRECTS IMPLEMENTATION OF EO 6 IN FULL FORCE
Following the instant judicial affirmation of the constitutionality and legality of the Executive Order 6 (EO6), President Muhammadu Buhari has mandated the Attorney-General of the Federation and the Minister of Justice to implement the Order in full force.
To this end, a number of enforcement procedures are currently in place by which the Nigeria Immigration Service and other security agencies have placed no fewer than 50 high profile persons directly affected by EO6 on watch-list and restricted them from leaving the county pending the determination of their cases.
Also, the financial transactions of these persons of interest are being monitored by the relevant agencies to ensure that the assets are not dissipated and such persons do not interfere with, nor howsoever corrupt the investigation and litigation processes.
It is instructive to note that EO6 was specifically directed to relevant law enforcement agencies to ensure that all assets within a minimum value of N50 million or equivalent, subject to investigation or litigation are protected from dissipation by employing all available lawful means, pending the final determination of any corruption-related matter.
The Buhari administration reassures all well-meaning and patriotic Nigerians of its commitment to the fight against corruption, in accordance with the 1999 Constitution (as amended) and the general principles of the Rule of Law.
Accordingly, this administration will uphold the rule of law in all its actions and the right of citizens would be protected as guaranteed by the Constitution.
We, therefore, enjoin all Nigerians to cooperate with the law enforcement authorities towards ensuring a successful implementation of the Executive Order 6 which is a paradigm-changing policy of the Federal Government in the fight against corruption.
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
October 13, 2018
BREAKING: LAGOS DISCHARGES FIVE CORONAVIRUS PATIENTS
Lagos State Government on Monday discharged five coronavirus patients who were admitted to and treated at the Infectious Disease Centre, Yaba Mainland Hospital.
The survivors are four males and one female, bringing the total number of survivors from the cnetre to eight. The survivors were quarantined and treated at the isolation centre for two weeks after testing positive for the coronavirus.
The survivors who preferred to remain anonymous looked stable and unruffled, saying they felt very happy they had been given a clean bill of health.
They expressed joy and satisfaction with the State Government and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu over the treatments they received at the isolation centre and his proactive approach towards the containment of the virus.
One of the survivors ( names withheld) said, “I came in here on the 15th and after the test showed positive, I was asked to come back the next day. I was admitted here same day.
“Initially, there were hitches but it later turned out fine. The health workers did fine, all our challenges were attended to. I’m a living witness together with my other colleagues.”
The discharged patient gave an assurance that testing positive for COVID-19 is not a death sentence, advising people not to panic as the virus could be defeated.
“We can beat it, I want to assure others that this is not their resting place. Encourage yourselves, take your medications and in no distant time, you will get out of here.
“I want to appeal to the Federal Government and Lagos State government that, they should remunerate all those workers who have volunteered to work accordingly, so as to serve as encouragement to others, adding that, “If they are not here as first responders, many patients would have died.”
Another survivor said, “I was admitted last Sunday. Initially there were challenges, the following day, they brought bed, mask and some equipment.
“Apart from what my colleague said, the workers should be insured. Proper insurance will let people do what they have to do.
He narrated a scenario where the workers could not attend to him because he tested positive, saying “they went back and I slept off, I woke up around 3a.m. So they deserve life insurance to encourage them to do their job.”
Meanwhile Governor Sanwo-Olu has received the news of the full recovery of the five patients with excitement.
The Governor, in a short message reassured Lagosians that the Government is doing all within her powers to curtail the spread of the virus so that life could return to normal.
He said: “we are very excited to hear that five of our citizens in the isolation centre have regained full recovery. It is another pointer to us that with a concerted effort, we can defeat the coronavirus in Lagos and Nigeria.”
COVID 19: FIRSTBANK DONATES 1BILLION NAIRA, REITERATES ITS COMMITMENT TO THE SAFETY OF ALL NIGERIANS
FirstBank has announced its donation of the sum of N1bn towards the joint effort by the Nigerian Private Sector Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID) to rapidly expand the health facilities; especially Testing, Isolation, treatment and the provision of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) facilities pivotal to controlling the spread and importantly, treating individuals diagnosed with COVID- 19. This is in addition to the Bank’s drive to move one million children to e-learning, together with an early partner – Roducate – as recommended by the Ministry of Education, Lagos State
In line with the 14-day stay home directive for Lagos, Ogun and FCT Abuja in the speech by President Muhammadu Buhari, the Bank has also reiterated its preparedness to provide essential Banking services through its alternative channels to its customers and the public at large which is in line with its robust Business Continuity Plan.
Updating on the Bank’s efforts; the Bank’s CEO, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan, said “we promise to continue to look at all areas of intervention where our business infrastructure, reach, digital platforms and other natural strengths lie and can be deployed to further support all efforts for Nigerians; young and old alike.
To that end, we will continue to communicate ways in which we can do more together.
We thank our community of friends, customers and other stakeholders who have continued to send us ideas and initiatives and are gladdened at the solidarity we see as Nigerians come together to tackle this under one umbrella.
Please stay safe and let’s work together to flatten the curve”, he concluded.
OGUN FEDERAL LAWMAKER DONATES 500KVA TRANSFORMER
The Federal Lawmaker representing Yewa North/Imeko-Afon constituency, Hon. Jimoh Olaifa has donated 500KVA transformer to supply electricity to the residents of Oke-Ola, Oke-Oyinbo, part of Idofoi, as well as, part of Idagba quarters, all in Ayetoro, Yewa North Local Government.
Speaking during the presentation, Hon. Olaifa, who noted that the gesture would boost power supply and socio-economic activities of the people, added that it was a way of giving back to the society and a replacement to the transformer which got burnt 11 months ago, encouraging beneficiaries to guard the transformer from vandals and ensure regular maintenance.
In his remarks, the Chairman, Oke-Ola Community Development Association (CDA), Mr. Joseph Akinyemi expressed appreciation on behalf of the communities, saying the gesture would go a long way in improving electricity supply and also reduce rural-urban drift among youths of the area.
Akinyemi added that, the presentation “was the best thing that has happened to the communities in recent time”, pledging support to the government and assured the safety of the transformer.
In a separate interview, some residents including the Chairman, Nigeria Union of Tailor (NUT), Imosokan, Ayetoro, Mr. Akeem Idowu, an Iron Bender, Mr. Jamiu Adegbenro, as well a former Councillor, Hon. Joseph Makinde, thanked the Lawmaker for attending to their request, charging other representatives to emulate the gesture.
Headline4 weeks ago
National body of Vigilantes, State security outfits register with Civil Defence
Health2 weeks ago
Coronavirus – WhatsApp: World Health Organization (WHO) Health Alert brings COVID-19 facts to billions via WhatsApp
Health4 weeks ago
REGULAR HAND WASHING, FRUITS INTAKE CRITICAL TO FIGHT CORONAVIRUS – SANWO-OLU’S WIFE
BUSINESS4 weeks ago
SIGHTS AND SOUNDS FROM THE PRESENTATION OF THE CRANFIELD SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT DISTINGUISHED ALUMNUS AWARD 2020 TO DR. ADESOLA ADEDUNTAN, CEO, FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA LIMITED
BUSINESS4 weeks ago
Sanwo-Olu Commissions UBA Business Office at New Ultra-Modern Afriland Towers
Health2 weeks ago
COVID-19: NIGER STATE GOVERNMENT CLOSES PUBLIC, PRIVATE SCHOOLS, TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS
Health2 weeks ago
COVID-19: WHY NIGERIA NEED TO CONTAIN THE SPREAD OF DISEASE
Health2 weeks ago
Jack Ma and Alibaba Foundations donate COVID-19 Medical Equipment to African Union Member States